Co-owner of Rancho Diaz (and resident chef) Mario Diaz is always always cooking up something new. Aside from creating unique art pieces, Mario’s passion resides in the kitchen whipping up something delicious. His affinity for the culinary arts is wholeheartedly poured into the making of Rancho Diaz, and you can see it in the one of a kind kitchenware throughout the store. With Mario’s influence, not only is the store for home decor enthusiasts, but foodies alike.
Here at Rancho Diaz we know that the food served is just as important as the plate it’s served on. So here is a fun recipe to match your new kitchenware for the next time you’re entertaining:
- 6 Fresh Jalapeños
- 12 Slices of Bacon
- Cream Cheese
- Golden Raisins
Now Let's Get Cooking
- Fire up your grill.
- Slice the jalapeños in half longwise and clean out the seeds and membranes
- Spread the cream cheese in the pepper to fill.
- Sprinkle four or five raisins on the cheese.
- Wrap the whole thing in a strip of bacon.
- When your grill is to temperature, 350 degrees, arrange the poppers on the grill away from the flames.
- Close the cover and let them cook, checking on them every 10 minutes.
- When the bacon is cooked to your liking take them off the grill and serve.
These are so delicious and the golden raisins add just a hint of sweetness to this spicy snack! We hope you and your guests love these delicious poppers as much as we do. Stay tuned for more recipe highlights from our friends, family, and individuals who make Rancho Diaz our home.